I have given up trying to lose whatever baby fat I have
hanging under my ribcage in a pile of unwanted lard. I’m talking about my pot
belly. I’m not sure if it’s as big as a potbellied stove. But it’s big enough.
It looks unseemly. It just hangs there. Or rather it just rolls over my belt
buckle in a pile of flesh. I’m sorry for being so graphic. But you know what I
mean.
I’m supposed to do something about it. Eat more steak, less
carbs. Less cupcakes at midnight and more celery sticks. I’m supposed to do
squats and burn my fat at some ridiculous heart rate achieved only by running
on a treadmill in some overcrowded gym open 24 hours (except when they clean
the bathrooms with foul smelling bleach).
I’m supposed to do all this and more so I can have tight
firm abs and look like some underwear model in some catalog just posing for the
cameras and collecting their take-home pay which is probably way too much to
offer some buffoon with a six-pack (not beer but belly or lack thereof) so he
can go out later after the photo shoot and drink avocado martinis (organic,
homegrown) and suck down oysters on the half shell, all the while listening to
some horrid electronic dance music.
Oh, to be 23 again.
But no. I will not. I will not attempt to get rid of the
little belly fat I have left from my days gorging on pizza and beer as a
teenager (or in my 20s, 30s, 40s or 50s.).
It’s there, this pot belly. And there it will stay. I will
never leave you, oh glorious pile of worthless fat. I will care for you and
feed you. I’m good at feeding you. What do you want today? Three bagels with
heaps of cream cheese? More pizza? More grilled cheese? Chocolate cake? What
about some ice cream? I love ice cream. Vanilla, you say? I’ll take vanilla and
raise you with chocolate and coffee swirl.
And then maybe me and you, my glorious little pot belly,
will go down to the mall and bask under the fluorescent gleam with a new
t-shirt.
Xtra-large…
Thank you for reading, sharing & enjoying.
Your support is greatly appreciated!



Comments
Post a Comment