Skip to main content

I Hate Tents

Pitching a tent is like goat milk. Raw goat milk. Either you like it or you don’t. There’s no middle ground with raw goat milk or tents. I will gladly sit in some city park and look at a random bush with poisonous berries—but stick me high up in the mountains in a tiny green tent and I’ll call for a helicopter airlift to the nearest roadside diner bathroom.

I tried camping twice (yes, I know, they say the third time’s a charm) and both times the damn tent ruined the experience. Something about hooking up all those metal tubes and getting the tension just right in the nylon tent fabric left me wanting to strangle a raccoon. 

I just wanted to sit under the starry sky, toast vegan marshmallows and sing Katy Perry songs. But no, I had to get that damn tent pitched. It’s worse than hitting a home run in a baseball game.

 

I respect people who like to hike, look at random rocks and watch water do nothing but fall. But I can’t understand wanting to sleep in a tiny plastic tubular hole. 

If I were to go camping again, I’d do a day hike and then hotfoot it back to my hotel room with the microwave and free WIFI.

I like real houses, real roofs and four walls between me and life. I don’t want to be wrapped up like a bright green candy bar on some random mountain with nothing but nylon between me and some big hungry bear. 

That’s just stupid. I’m not stupid, just mildly dumb.

 

  

Thank you for reading, sharing & enjoying. 

Your support is greatly appreciated!


☕️ TIP JAR ☕️


GET MY BOOK TODAY! 



©2024 Bruce Palma. 
All rights reserved.


@realbrucepalma



 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Famous Forks

I have decided (this morning at exactly 8:12 am PST) that I will not buy forks, knives or any other form of cutlery from an unknown company or person. I will only buy them from a celebrity endorsed brand. Someone who knows their stuff. A celebrity that is fully cognizant of the intricacies of steel. Someone who can design a spoon that rivals the Mona Lisa or the Eiffel Tower. I need to know my forks, knives and spoons (especially my spoons) have been birthed from the genius mind of any random pop star, tv talk show host or faded movie star from 50 years ago. A grill from an ex-heavyweight champion of the world (boxing, not bobsledding) will most definitely cook my burgers and vegan weenies better and tastier than some random grill designed by a faceless computer. Why would I buy a blender from some random brand with no celebrity’s picture on the box? That would be stupid. I’m not stupid; just mildly dumb. I want my 600 thread count microfiber sheets made from free-range llama hair to b...

Elbowtox

While the world toils and turns and turtles are singing through plastic oceans of crap, I’ve decided my elbows are ugly. This is no small matter. I thought I was one of the most handsomest, fit and fly specimens of the human race. But now I’ve gone and found out my elbows are ugly. Not just ugly; but hideous. I looked in the bathroom mirror (after flossing and singing the national anthem backwards) and noticed these two red bony growths on my arms. Like bright red walunts. “What are these?!” I sang to myself in the mirror. My reflection said, “Those are your elbows…proud of yourself?” I said, “Hell no! These things are hideous.”  They were probably bright red from sitting at my desk six hours a day pondering the nature of the universe and carb-free cupcakes, hunched over with my elbows grinding into the fake wood. Digging in with my thoughts and cupcake dreams I must’ve pushed my elbows into the wood too hard and now they look like little ugly red stumps. Something out of a fairy t...

A Day Without a Phone

  Today class, we will learn how to let go of our phones and spend the day with nothing in our hands except air. We will leave our phones in a secure locked drawer in my desk (me being the teacher and you the poor pupils with air in your hands) and we will not come back to class for at least 24 hours. It is advisable for you to contact the 22,000 friends, relatives and associates on all your social media platforms (and of course email) and inform them you will not be available for 24 hours. And before signing off, tell them not to send any cat videos, funny videos of people falling down stairs, updates on the fall of humanity or icebergs melting, or links to articles about how eating ice cubes cures cancer. You will be completely free of all distractions. Are we ready?! Now, you might be a little lightheaded as you step out into the world without your phone. That’s ok. It’s to be expected. It’s as if you left one of your hands or eyes or right lung at home. It’s as if you’re wa...