There are very few times where I get up, go outside and
thank the sun for rising on this beautiful, rotten mess of a world with all it’s
ups and downs, highs and lows, good people and fools—not to mention decaf
coffee and carb savvy cake. But today I decided to get up, get the hell off my
phone and go greet the sun.
The sun said, “Hello there mortal fool. What hath ye been
doing these days? I missed ya…”
I said, “Hello there big ol’ sun. I’ve been counting my
carbs and piling up my acorns for a 96” wide-screen TV.”
Sun said, “Don’t be a retail fool. I stream for free, just
wear good shades if you look me in the eye.”
“Well,” I said, “I think I might just do that. $2999.99 for
a big fat digital box with Real Housewife reruns will suck up all my acorns and I’d
rather use the loot for a trip to Italy.”
The sun slid behind a tree. I could only see a few shafts of
yellow peeking through.
“Now don’t you hide on me, you big ol’ trickster,” I said. “I
haven’t even had my first cup of coffee.”
The sun slid out slowly and I could see its yellow face
fully again.
“Don’t worry,” Sun said, “I’ll be here all day today and
maybe tomorrow. I may have to take a few days off, seeing how you people can’t
seem to get in the groove and stop fussin’ and fightin’ over land, oil and pineapples.”
“Oh don’t do that,” I said. “It’ll get mighty cold, and I don’t
even own snow boots.”
But then a big fat cloud came by and spoiled my view and my heat, and I went
back inside and scrolled on my phone for over an hour, mostly looking at videos
of Italian cheesecake.
Thank you for reading, sharing & enjoying.
Your support is greatly appreciated!
☕️ TIP JAR ☕️




Comments
Post a Comment